FECR is the sole rail provider that operates along the east coast of Florida with direct rail access to South Florida’s ports. They provide intermodal and carload logistics solutions.
Florida East Cost Railway
US$ 66.2 Million
Oracle Products & Services:
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Client Reference Letter:
|Florida East Cost Railway upgrades to JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 as part of there Strategic Roadmap!
To provide safe, timely and cost-effective rail and logistics solutions to meet the demanding transportation needs of our domestic and international intermodal and carload customers; to partner with Port Miami, Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale), Port of Palm Beach and motor carriers to efficiently move intermodal freight and to provide on-time, damage-free carload service to customers.
- Replace third-party Express Yard interoperability solution with new Business Services (BSSV).
- Integrated with purchasing, receiving, inventory and maintenance.
- Ensure stable operation with 24/7 access to operational data and better data security.
- Lower the FECR's IT infrastructure total cost of ownership, establish a sustainable solution.
- Provide proper employee training without constantly relying on external consultants
JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2 Upgrade Services
Florida East Coast Railway decided to upgrade to Release 9.2 because there was new functionality in the release that they wanted to take advantage of. FECR converted to Unicode in version 9.0 to provide flexible, truck-like transportation solutions for customers; to make South Florida a major hub for international trade and, to provide efficient shipping for customers moving freight. They also wanted to take advantage of JD Edwards EnterpriseOne One View Reporting and the Interoperability features of Business Services (BSSV) for their 3rd party solution Express Yard. FECR wanted to improve its performance, physical security, and cargo capacity to reduce consumer transportation costs. It also sought to reduce container and cargo waiting times—to increase merchandise traffic volume.
With Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne 9.2, FECR has a highly reliable, secure, and scalable application suite. The application immediately improved system performance and accounting visibility, standardized business processes, and increased operational efficiency.
- Assist with the review, design, testing and support of Express Yard Interoperability solution.
- Assist with Business Transformation and upgrade for JD Edwards 9.2 solution.
- Develop and implementation of software testing solution.
- Develop training solution to reduce dependency of external contractors.
- Assist with corporate roll-out and post go-live support.
"To transition the inventory, procurement and Express Yard solution to the new system with no issues what so ever was admirable. Without your help we would not have been able to purchase and receive inventory, make repairs and bill our customers in a timely manner." - Herbie Wingo, Manager, Mechanical Engineering Department