The Government of Pittsburgh is composed of the Mayor, the City Council, and various boards and commissions. Most offices are housed within the Pittsburg City-County Building downtown.
City of Pittsburgh
Oracle Products & Services:
Oracle JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Client Reference Letter:
|The City of Pittsburgh uses JD Edwards EnterpriseOne Technologies to Lower Costs and Embrace Innovation!
The City of Pittsburgh Office of Management & Budget (“OMB”) was seeking to design of future state business processes leveraging the City’s existing investment in the J.D. Edwards Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
While the system was originally set-up to support a traditional requisition-to-purchase order process, the current business processes and practices had not been implemented in that manner, and the City wanted to redesign its business processes to be more in line with best practices.
At the time the J.D. Edwards system was used to create purchase orders as merely a means to process invoices after a purchase has already been made. There was very little data completed in the available fields and that data was very inconsistent and therefore practically unsuitable for the analysis that the City would like to do.
Business & Digital Transformation Blueprinting & Roadmap
The City had identified several key goals that wanted to accomplish through the business and digital transformation effort:
- Flexibility in establishing roles and workflow approvals;
- Front-end procurement requisition review and approvals, including commodity-based approvals;
- Automated purchase order creation and submission to suppliers;
- Expanded use of item master, catalog, and punch-out capabilities;
- More robust and on-demand reporting capabilities;
- Automated purchase order and invoice matching rules and exception processes;
- Improved data integrity through centralized ownership of master data sets; and
- Implementation of a procurement card program to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop final JD Edwards business process moving forward
- Develop JDE Migration plan for entire city
- Develop eDocument and Capture Strategy
- Develop city wide Business Intelligence Strategy
- Develop city wide JDE Invoice/Voucher Management
- Develop P-Card Interface to Financial System
- Develop JDE ACH and Electronic Payment plan
- Develop Requisition Self Service with Punch-Out to Supplier Websites
- Develop Supplier Self Service
- Develop Mobile Solution Strategy
- Develop Business Transformation plan for entire city
- Develop Implementation of city wide roll-out for Procurement and Financial Management System
"Not only were you an expert at making business improvements, but your calming personality and willingness to listen to all voices really made our end users feel included and more comfortable with all of the business process changes we are implementing." - Jennifer Olzinger, Assistant Director/Procurement Manager